After our first Twitter party last month, I thought it might be a good idea to write a post about tips and tricks for participating in a Twitter party.
- You need a Twitter account: Creating a Twitter account is a pretty straight forward process. You need:
- A unique handle (name). For example, my twitter handle is lithousewife. When you first sign up, Twitter will provide some suggested handles or you can come up with your own.
- You’ll need to provide your full name. There’s no verification of this, so enter what you wish.
- You’ll need to provide a valid email address. Twitter will send a confirmation email, so be sure to provide an address to which you have access.
- You will need a password as well.
- Once you’ve verified everything, you’ll be able to write your first tweet.
- Allow all #shakennotstirred participants to follow you. I’m assuming that if you have a private account you have reasons for setting it up that way. While I’d be happy to be an approved follower, you might find the second option easier.
- Create a new open Twitter account just for #shakennotstirred. This is probably the easiest option. Another advantage is that you won’t clog your existing followers’ timelines with your #shakennotstirred comments.
Those are the most important things you need to know in order to participate in a Twitter party. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment to this post.
See you Saturday!